This exciting sport, now one of the fastest growing in the U.S., has attracted visiting teams from throughout the Northwest to Salem for the World Beat Race. The number of participating teams has grown to our current maximum of 32. Salem teams caught the spirit of friendly competition that draws so many to the sport early on and now we can practice year-round on the water.
You do not need to be a member of an existing team to join. Individuals are welcome, and we’ll assign you to a team based on your availability and team need.
- You don't need to know how to swim (you'll be wearing a personal flotation device)
- You don't need any equipment
- You don't have to be fit or flexible
- You can come by yourself or with friends / partners
- You can be on the team in a support role
The Unsinkable Survivor Association Dragon Boat Team is supported by Salem Multicultural Institute adn the Salem Cancer Institute. Contact us to find out more. If you are interested in starting your own team or joining an existing team, contact our office at (503) 581-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.